These new features are designed to improve the collaboration experience in Velt by making it easier for users to work together on documents. Single Editor Mode can be used to prevent conflicts when multiple users are editing the same document, and Text Element Sync can be used to keep everyone in sync with the latest changes to text-based elements.
Single Editor Mode
This feature allows you to make it so that only one user can be editing elements on the document at the same time.
- To enable single editor mode, use the enableSingleEditorMode() method.
- To disable single editor mode, use the disableSingleEditorMode() method.
- To check if the current user is the editor in single editor mode, subscribe to the isUserEditor$() event.
- To set the current user as the editor in single editor mode, use the setUserAsEditor() method.
- To reset editor access in single editor mode, use the resetUserAccess() method.
Text Element Sync
This feature allows you to sync Input-type elements so when one user types, it gets filled for other users viewing the element.
- To allow Input, Textarea or Contentedible elements to sync across clients, set the data-velt-sync-state attribute to true on the element you are trying to sync.
- To disable clicks on elements, set the data-velt-sync-access attribute to false on the element you are trying to disable.
Was this page helpful?